This is quite a major position, up for grabs. Lots of upsides – the last person to have this position, Filip Sablik, is now President of Boom! Studios. The downside though is that you may have to deal with me on a regular basis…
BOOM! Studios is an intimate, intensely collaborative company. We love working in a casual atmosphere coupled with a fast paced, high volume, creative environment. We publish 25+ single issue comic books and 10+ collections per month. We value team members who aspire to be leaders, love collaboration, engage in productive communication, and take ownership of their role on the team.
This position will directly manage a team of 3-5 people and oversee all marketing, publicity, social media, and sales efforts for the company.
This is a new position with high visibility and opportunity for growth. You will be creating and developing 360 degree marketing plans and ensuring an exceptional execution of those plans.
Working hand-in-hand with upper management, you’ll develop a cohesive sales and marketing vision for the company. You must be extremely organized and able to juggle multiple projects, both short term and long term.
In addition to having a creative vision, you need to be sales-focused, analytical (able to determine ROI), and willing to make adjustments as necessary.
We are looking for a smart, optimistic, and collaborative Director. Managing and mentoring employees is a very important part of this job and we want someone who is excited to be a leader.
This position will interact with many different departments and you must be able to effectively communicate not only within the company (both up and down the org chart), but with many outside vendors. You must be comfortable working with press contacts, authors, buyers, distributors, etc.
- 5-7 years experience
- 2-3 years management experience of multiple direct reports
- Experience in book publishing, sales, or publicity a plus
- Ability to manage at least 10-20 marketing campaigns at a time
- Ability to work cross functionally across marketing, editorial, and operations
- Ability to conceive, develop, and ensure exceptional execution of comprehensive marketing plans
- Strong reporting skills
- Familiarity with the comic book publishing industry a plus
- Comixology Bestseller List – 22nd June 2018 – Marvel Inching Their Way Back In - June 22, 2018
- Self Made Hero Brings Ramones, and Nick Cave to Comic Stores in September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- A Third Nameless City from Faith Erin Hicks in First: Second September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- As Nancy In Hell Concludes, Amigo Comics Launches Phantasmagoria in September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- DC Comics to Lose the Gloss? Colourists Take Care - June 22, 2018