The PlayStation 4 has been a juggernaught in the sales department, more or less surpassing everyone’s expectations for the console. Even Sony’s.
It has been announced in a finance report that the console sold 17.7 million units in the 2015 fiscal year, exceeding its 17.5 estimation. This is up over the 14.8 million it sold the year before, which means that the console is still, seemingly impossibly, gaining speed.
This brings the total number of PS4s sold to 40 million. That is a lot, far exceeding the PlayStation 3 at the same point. In a world where consoles were supposed to be slowly becoming less relevant, it’s hard to argue with those numbers.
- Fortnite’s Save the World Mode is Not Going to Free-to-Play This Year - October 22, 2018
- Nike has Endorsed its First Esports Player - October 22, 2018
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018