The PlayStation 4 has been a juggernaught in the sales department, more or less surpassing everyone’s expectations for the console. Even Sony’s.
It has been announced in a finance report that the console sold 17.7 million units in the 2015 fiscal year, exceeding its 17.5 estimation. This is up over the 14.8 million it sold the year before, which means that the console is still, seemingly impossibly, gaining speed.
This brings the total number of PS4s sold to 40 million. That is a lot, far exceeding the PlayStation 3 at the same point. In a world where consoles were supposed to be slowly becoming less relevant, it’s hard to argue with those numbers.
- Mark of the Ninja Remastered Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Year - March 20, 2018
- Bardock and Broly to Join Dragon Ball FighterZ Roster Next Week - March 20, 2018
- Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom Gets a Beautiful Launch Trailer - March 19, 2018
- Report Claims Next Assassin’s Creed Game is Going to Ancient Greece - March 19, 2018
- Burnout Paradise Tops UK Charts, Proving It Still Has Some Magic to Give - March 19, 2018