The PlayStation 4 has been a juggernaught in the sales department, more or less surpassing everyone’s expectations for the console. Even Sony’s.
It has been announced in a finance report that the console sold 17.7 million units in the 2015 fiscal year, exceeding its 17.5 estimation. This is up over the 14.8 million it sold the year before, which means that the console is still, seemingly impossibly, gaining speed.
This brings the total number of PS4s sold to 40 million. That is a lot, far exceeding the PlayStation 3 at the same point. In a world where consoles were supposed to be slowly becoming less relevant, it’s hard to argue with those numbers.
- Dragon Ball FighterZ is Coming to Nintendo Switch This September - June 21, 2018
- Gears 5 Won’t go Back to ‘Gears of War 5’ Title - June 21, 2018
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 Coming to Xbox One Next Month - June 21, 2018
- Quake Champions Extends its Free-to-Play Period Another Week - June 19, 2018
- Epic Games Removing Exploit that Allowed Players to Unintentionally Create a Swastika - June 19, 2018