The Danish Girl‘s Alicia Vikander has found her franchise in Tomb Raider. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the actress will play Lara Croft in the film.
For months, Star Wars: The Force Awakens‘ Daisy Ridley was the name most often linked to Croft as MGM and Warner Bros. solidified plans to bring the series back to movie screens. She even admitted there had been “conversations” about the part.
The film will be directed by Roar Uthaug and tell the tale of Lara’s first adventure. Previous reports suggested the film will follow a tone similar to the one struck in the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot game developed by Crystal Dynamics and its recent sequel, Rise of the Tomb Raider.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016