Deadline reports that The Weinstein Company backed series will follow Stallone as the “last great American don” Raymonde Aprile and his adopted nephew Astorre Viola. Chosen to succeed Aprile, Astorre comes to control the don’s banking interests in a plot line that seems fairly reminiscent of The Godfather Part III.
While Stallone has produced and appeared in a number of reality TV series, this will be his first significant recurring dramatic role.
Magnificent Seven remake director Antonie Fuqua will direct and executive produce with Stallone. The production is also currently looking for a showrunner, a lead actress and a network to take on the event series.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016