It is a truth universally acknowledged that a retailer in possession of the first issue of a comic book, must reduce his orders for the second. Because some people buy the first issue, don’t like it and don’t want to pick up the second. Some buy first issues for collector reasons. Some people buy multiple copies – multiple covers – for similar reasons.
Usually sales drop to between a half to two thirds of issue 1 orders.
Which is where Marvel is coming in. They are sending enough copiesof Empress #2 to retailers to make the amount up to the same number they ordered for Empress #1.
So for retailers who gamble on the second issue of a comic being rarer than the first… this time it won’t be the case.
- Donny Cates Delighted by Funko Exclusives at MCM London Comic Con Next Weekend - October 21, 2018
- Street Fighter’s Jeffrey ‘Chamba’ Cruz Launches RandomVeus ODC in January - October 21, 2018
- Top Dog Comics Launches in Augusta, Georgia - October 21, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 21st October 2018 – Batman Vs Shuri - October 21, 2018
- Punisher Season 2 and Jessica Jones Season 3, the Last Marvel Netflix Shows? - October 21, 2018