It is a truth universally acknowledged that a retailer in possession of the first issue of a comic book, must reduce his orders for the second. Because some people buy the first issue, don’t like it and don’t want to pick up the second. Some buy first issues for collector reasons. Some people buy multiple copies – multiple covers – for similar reasons.
Usually sales drop to between a half to two thirds of issue 1 orders.
Which is where Marvel is coming in. They are sending enough copiesof Empress #2 to retailers to make the amount up to the same number they ordered for Empress #1.
So for retailers who gamble on the second issue of a comic being rarer than the first… this time it won’t be the case.
- Cerebus Gives Us ‘Dates Of Future Past’ in May - February 23, 2018
- Loot Crate Ditches The Catalogue in February 2018 Protect Unboxing - February 23, 2018
- DC Comics Leaves Diamond Previews Catalogue, Launches Its Own - February 23, 2018
- Marvel Comics to Relaunch Captain America #1 On the Fourth Of July, 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Can We Expect the Ta-Nehisi Coates Captain America News Next Week? - February 22, 2018