It is a truth universally acknowledged that a retailer in possession of the first issue of a comic book, must reduce his orders for the second. Because some people buy the first issue, don’t like it and don’t want to pick up the second. Some buy first issues for collector reasons. Some people buy multiple copies – multiple covers – for similar reasons.
Usually sales drop to between a half to two thirds of issue 1 orders.
Which is where Marvel is coming in. They are sending enough copiesof Empress #2 to retailers to make the amount up to the same number they ordered for Empress #1.
So for retailers who gamble on the second issue of a comic being rarer than the first… this time it won’t be the case.
- Delays to Diamond Comics Reorders After Data Lines Cut - May 22, 2018
- Tomorrow’s Iron Man #600 Sees Tony Stark Try to Bring Jim Rhodes Back To Life… - May 22, 2018
- A ‘Colourised’ Version of From Hell by Eddie Campbell for September - May 22, 2018
- Deadpool 2 Brings a Family Touch Back to the X-Men (SPOILER) - May 22, 2018
- Antarctic Launches Plush and Rags in August 2018 Solicits - May 22, 2018