It is a truth universally acknowledged that a retailer in possession of the first issue of a comic book, must reduce his orders for the second. Because some people buy the first issue, don’t like it and don’t want to pick up the second. Some buy first issues for collector reasons. Some people buy multiple copies – multiple covers – for similar reasons.
Usually sales drop to between a half to two thirds of issue 1 orders.
Which is where Marvel is coming in. They are sending enough copiesof Empress #2 to retailers to make the amount up to the same number they ordered for Empress #1.
So for retailers who gamble on the second issue of a comic being rarer than the first… this time it won’t be the case.
- Court Places 3-Year Restraining Order on Keya Morgan to Stay Away from Stan Lee - August 17, 2018
- All The Reasons Batman’s Atheism Doesn’t Make Sense – and One That Does - August 17, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List – 17th August 2018 – Batman, Justice League, and WicDiv Top Chart - August 17, 2018
- The Ugly Side of Comics: The Golden Age – Michael Davis, From The Edge - August 17, 2018
- Declan Shalvey to Help Out Steve McNiven on Return of Wolverine? - August 17, 2018