A lot of people will be giddy over today’s Batman #51. There will be lumps in the throat over the final issue of Angela, Queen Of Hel #7. But for me, it was the end of Devil Dinosaur & Moon Girl #6 that made me put it down, walk away, put it down again and come back again with the biggest grin.
It’s just how many elements all came together towards that moment, something that must have been played for and got from the very beginning and that they simply hid in plain sight.
That Inhumans get triggered by terrigenesis, forming a cocoon around them as they are transformed. That the cocoons last for an indeterminate time. That leaves the transitioning Inhuman in a vulnerable state. Also… you don’t know what you’re going to get. The resultant form may not even be viable.
Which is why Luna – Moon Girl – is trying to stop the Terrigen gas cloud now circling the planet, from affecting her. She has the Inhuman gene, and dreads what may come.
She is also a class-A genius inventor and spends her time trying to use alien tech, invent new machines, something that will see her avoid terrigenisis.
Which is how she manages to bring Devil Dinosaur to our world again, and they bond.
See? It’s all set up. Which gives us the pergfect ending to this six issue arc. Absolutely perfect.
Because, yes, the Terrigen mists come, and Moon Girl is unprepared.
And yes, she enters Terrigenesis, a cocoon forming around her.
For Devil Dinosaur to find.
And protect. Like a dinosaur egg.
Brandon Montclare, Amy Reeder and Natacha Bustos, time to revel in your smugness. You’ve earned it.
- Kraven The Hunter Returns in March’s Amazing Spider-Man - December 14, 2018
- Now DC Comics Makes Border Town Back Issues Returnable - December 14, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 14th December 2019 – An Annual Surprise - December 14, 2018
- Cambridge Analytica, the Sequel, in Drone Range of Parliament - December 14, 2018
- The Comic Shop Opens in Crawley, England, in Three Days Time - December 14, 2018