It’s been more than 80 years, but this Wednesday will be a special day for fans of classic Disney comics. IDW has dusted off a stack of Silly Symphony comic strips and collected them in 192 pages worth of Disney fun. This is the first time the Silly Symphony newspaper strips will be collected in English, so it’s incredibly big and exciting news for the publisher.
The artwork for these rare strips has come straight from the Disney vaults. Each page has been meticulously colored using as a guide the original bound file copies that belonged to Walt Disney himself!
This is the first of four other volumes that will be released. You can look forward to seeing characters such as Donald Duck, and Bucky Bug, the first newspaper Disney character. Being a huge fan of all things Disney, I absolutely can’t wait for this release. This allows a whole new generation of fans to indulge in classic material that started the love of Disney for so many people. By the looks of the cover…it should be a great, happy read. We can all use more of that in our lives.
Silly Symphonies, Vol. 1: The Complete Disney Classics releases this Wednesday, April 27th.
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016