While talking with Empire Magazine about the new X-Men: Apocalypse trailer, director Bryan Singer said the shot revealing claws that likely belong to Wolverine comes from a “not insignificant” moment in the film.
He also added that the sequence fits the canon of the six main X-Men films, but also leads to “the birth of a new direction.”
With the introduction of time travel, the X-Men films have created an interesting opportunity to play with its own continuity. Cast members change faces and circumstances because time is fluid and the events of the initial X-Men cycle are in flux, if not completely discarded. That also means Wolverine’s own origins — covered in great detail in X-2: X-Men United and X-Men Origins: Wolverine — could also be altered to present Logan with a new face.
Now, that’s just wild speculation. But with Hugh Jackman planning to leave the role behind after the upcoming Wolverine 3 and the series needing the character to continue, is it possible a new actor has already been cast? Or is Singer’s “new direction” just a change of timeframe for Wolverine’s first encounter with the X-Men?
X-Men: Apocalypse opens on May 27th.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016