I previously reviewed the first few issues of Dynamite’s new James Bond series and liked it a lot but found that it might be better served in a collection rather than individual issues. In June we’ll be getting that opportunity. Vargr by Warren Ellis and Jason Masters is getting a hardcover collection containing 168 pages. It will also feature a gallery of variant covers.
After a mission of vengeance in Helsinki, James Bond returns to London and assumes the workload of a fallen 00 Section agent. His new mission takes him to Berlin, presumably to break up an agile drug-trafficking operation. But Bond has no idea of the forces gathered in secret against him, the full scope of an operation that’s much scarier and more lethal than he could possibly imagine. Berlin is about to catch fire… and James Bond is trapped inside.
Preview pages for James Bond: Vargr are below. The regular monthly series continues with a new story arc by Ellis and Masters called Eidolon staring with issue #7 also in June.
- Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger Season 1, Episode 4 Recap: Call/Response - June 22, 2018
- Dynamite Brings Together Vampirella and Dejah Thoris for New Series - June 21, 2018
- Dynamite Announces ‘The Art of Troma’ Written by Fred Van Lente - June 21, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: How Will They Bring Back [Spoiler]? - June 21, 2018
- The Walking Dead’s David Morrissey Signs on to Good Omens - June 21, 2018