Online multiplayer has long been missing from Rock Band 4, being a hugely requested feature from fans as you can imagine.
And it’s finally coming later this year as confirmed by Harmonix in this video:
However, there is a catch. This feature is not going to be available to everyone. Instead, it has been confirmed in this blogpost that it will be part of an announced expansion pack for the game. There is more coming to that pack, which will be talked about at E3, but the nitty gritty means this: you will have to pay for online multiplayer.
This seems like a bizarre way to split up the community, and I’m sure this might irk some who expected it at the launch of the game. We will have to see what else comes in this expansion pack to truly judge, but reaction to this should be ‘interesting’.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2’s Microtransactions to Return, but They Won’t Affect Gameplay - March 16, 2018
- Heroes of the Storm’s Next Character is StarCraft’s Fenix - March 16, 2018
- PUBG’s Mobile Port Spreads to the West as Beta Rolls Out to Canada - March 16, 2018
- The Crew 2 Finally Gets a Release Date, and It’s Coming This Summer - March 16, 2018
- Sea of Thieves Gets a Launch Trailer Showing Off Pirate-y Fun - March 16, 2018