During PAX East, which happened this weekend, Blizzard were running an Overwatch promotion with Uber. It was called Uberwatch, and had special souped up cars ferrying con goers from hotels to the convention centre. Even the drivers were in cosplay.
Well, things took an unfortunate turn last night during PAX’s close. As reported by Gearbox president, also at the con showing off his own competitive shooter, Randy Pitchford (via Kotaku) of all people caught the aftermath. Thankfully no one was hurt during the accident. Here is a picture of the mess.
Just left PAX East and out full house Main Theater show to see a monster truck branded with competitive game run over a civilian car.
— Randy Pitchford (@DuvalMagic) April 22, 2016
Here’s a photo I just took of the monster truck pulled up onto the side walk next to the car that got hit. pic.twitter.com/h5MQD7VKkF
— Randy Pitchford (@DuvalMagic) April 23, 2016
Good to see no one was hurt. Hopefully all gets sorted out for all parties with as little grief as possible.
- Final Fantasy 7 Remake is Still in Full Development Despite Not Being at E3 - June 15, 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Announced and it Brings Every Fighter Ever from the Series to the Game - June 12, 2018
- Super Mario Party Makes its Debut on the Nintendo Switch This Year - June 12, 2018
- Death Stranding E3 Trailer Shows Off Our First Glimpse of Gameplay - June 11, 2018
- Trials Rising Brings the Motorcycle Title Back for More Stunts Than Ever - June 11, 2018