Black Mask Studios, the publishing/production company launched in 2014 by Matt Pizzolo (Occupy Comics, Halo-8 Films), Brett Gurewitz (Bad Religion, CEO Epitaph Records, ANTI- Records), and Steve Niles (30 Days Of Night), has unveiled its third slate of comics: a dozen projects principally from new creators bringing bold and unorthodox points of view to their comics.
After a banner 2015 with breakout hits We Can Never Go Home, Space Riders, and Young Terrorists, Black Mask is doubling down on its emerging reputation as the hottest launchpad for new comics talent.
This week sees the launch of 4 Kids Walk Into A Bank by Matthew Rosenberg and Tyler Boss.
June sees the launch of Jade Street Protection Services by Katy Rex, Fabian Lelay and Annie Wu, Black Mask’s first all-ages book, described as The Breakfast Club of Hogwarts.
Jade Street Protection Services follows a group of (bad) students at Matsdotter Academy, an elite private school for magical girls. When they all meet for the first time in a totally unfair detention, these punk rock witch delinquents cut class and discover the fates Matsdotter has in store for them are even more sinister than they suspected.
JSPS channels Black Mask’s edgy, subversive sensibility into a whipsmart all-ages adventure for delinquents young and old.
Details of the rest can be found across Bleeding Cool with the #classof2016 tag.
- Exclusive Walmart Deal For 100-Page Monthly DC Comics Anthologies With Brian Bendis’ Batman and Tom King’s Superman - June 22, 2018
- Britain Gets Batburgers for Real - June 21, 2018
- Dellec Gets a Relaunch and a Primer in Aspen Press September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- New Hatchet Series Launches from American Mythology in September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018
- 4 New Graphic Novels from Caliber in September 2018 Solicits - June 21, 2018