Ran, the late Akira Kurosawa‘s reinterpretation of William Shakespeare‘s King Lear is a visual feast, though Throne of Blood is still my personal favorite of Kurosawa’s interpretations of the Bard’s stories.
But UK readers can give it another look as StudioCanal will re-release the film on Blu-ray and DVD May 2nd. The new release comes from a recent 4K restoration of the film, allowing more detail of the battles and the drama to be presented on home video.
It is unclear when the disc will be available in the US , so I may have to watch Throne of Blood again or find a screening of the restoration. But the trailer has certainly reminded it that it has been far too long since I spent time with the film.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016