Tread Perilously docks at Babylon 5 to take a look at the late season three episode “Grey 17 is Missing,” a story even creator J. Michael Straczynski admits was difficult to write. Boy does it show as Delenn’s ascension to Ranger One becomes a drier affair than it should be — and that’s considering a threat against her life. Meanwhile, Garibaldi heads down to the titular Grey 17 where he encounters a cult led by Robert Englund and the Beast from Krull.
Justin is already missing Doctor Who as he admits he only saw season four of Babylon 5, but finds Garibaldi hard to watch. Erik admits to a soft spot for star Bruce Boxleitner and the design of the Babylon 5 station itself. It all leads to larger discussion of sci-fi television in the late 1990s and the similarities to Justin’s favorite show of the era, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. It also leads to a discussion of the show’s influence on modern television and the video game series Mass Effect.
- Sic Transit Vir: Babylon 5 Actor Stephen Furst Dies At 63
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016