According to a preview screening notice spotted by The Film Stage, James Franco‘s telling of the making of The Room has been renamed from The Disaster Artist to The Masterpiece. The notice also offers a new still from the film featuring Franco as Tommy Wiseau, writer/director and star of one of the worst films ever made.
The notice describes The Masterpiece as “a buddy comedy about two outsiders chasing a dream. When the world rejects them, they decide to make their own movie – and it’s a movie so wonderfully awful due to its unintentional hilarious moments, meandering plots and terrible acting.” The film stars Franco, his brother Dave Franco as actor Greg Sestero (whose book the film is based upon) and Seth Rogen as script supervisor Sandy Schklair.
The film is expected to debut later in 2016.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016