The next comic book team up isn’t between Batman and Superman. Not Captain America and Iron Man. The next team up is IDW Publishing and Oni Press. It was announced yesterday that IDW International, their foreign rights management team, has a new partner in the Oregon based publisher.
The deal gives IDW management of the non-English foreign rights to creator owned titles like Scott Pilgrim, Queen & Country, Courtney Crumrin, Wasteland, The Sixth Gun, Stumptown, Wet Moon, Letter 44, The Bunker,The Life After, The Coldest City, and Kaijumax.
“We’re very excited to be working with IDW to bring Oni Press titles to international audiences,” says Oni Press Publisher Joe Nozemack. “With the explosive growth in the influence, visibility, and demand for comic book content worldwide there are more opportunities than ever to license our titles outside of the US.”
“The Oni titles resonate well with audiences across the globe and we look forward to working with them to expand their international presence,” said IDW CEO Ted Adams. “Adding the Oni catalog to our diverse IDW and Archie offerings strengthens our mission to be a worldwide content distributor.”
Oni Press joins Archie Comics under the IDW International umbrella.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018