It had a three BBC series. One from Starz. A radio series or two, and a Big Finish audio line, And now? More comic books. And co-written by one of the stars, John Barrowman who played Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who and Torchwood, and now best known for Malcolm Merlyn in Arrow and presenting BBC daytime gameshow Pressure Pad.
Torchwood, starring Captain Jack Harkness and Gwen Cooper, and in continuity with the Big Finish audios and drawn by Antonio Fuso (Drive, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest) and Pasquale Qualano (Batman ’66, She Hulk, Harley Quinn), and published on July 6th – just before Titan’s Third Annual Doctor Who Comics Day on the Saturday July 9th
The hotly anticipated Torchwood comic sees Captain Jack return to Cardiff to engage the help of the last person who expected to see him again, Gwen Cooper! A dark technology from a forgotten species has been claimed by a conspiratorial power… and in this collision between an ancient civilization and an all-new evil, the Earth itself may be forfeit! Only Jack, Gwen, and their allies from what remains of Torchwood hold the key to stopping a cataclysmic wave of destruction… On the road, on the run, and under fire – can Jack and Gwen put aside their differences and rebuild the heart of Torchwood… before its flame is stamped out forever?!
With covers from Tommy Lee Edwards, Elena Casagrande, Blair Shedd and Rod Reis. These ones.
- The British Museum to Put on Largest Manga Exhibition in the World, Outside of Japan - December 10, 2018
- Tolkien In Love, Now Available From the BBC, Free, Worldwide - December 10, 2018
- Is New Year’s Day’s Doctor Who Actually Called Resolution Of The Daleks? - December 9, 2018
- Ten Thoughts about Doctor Who Series 11 Finale: The Battle Of Ranskoor Av Kolos - December 9, 2018
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018