When Suicide Squad was first announced, many assumed it was a cynical grab at the lighter tone of Marvel‘s then recent success, Guardians of the Galaxy. The most recent trailers would only serve to add credence to the notion with its humor, off-beat characters and musical choice.
But according to Birth.Movies.Death, the trailers include every single fun thing to be found in the feature, with the feature being a more serious affair. And it seems Warner Bros. is interested in the film being more fun, going as far as requesting reshoots to inject more of into the feature. The site characterizes the fun as being more than jokes, but a reappraisal of the character dynamics to allow for lighter moments.
The news will come as a relief to those who found the serious tone of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice oppressive. While many enjoyed its take on superhero title bouts, some found its portrayal of the characters out of sorts and its atmosphere unnecessarily grim. From BMD’s report, it seems that Suicide Squad was intended to continue that darker tone until the studio discovered the overwhelmingly positive reaction to the recent trailer.
The reshoots are reportedly happening now and it seems the price of added fun is in the “tens of millions” range.
Suicide Squad opens on August 5th.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016