A week ago, Bleeding Cool first ran the news that it looked like someone was making a Captain Britain TV show based on the British comic.
It turned out that they were rather just preparing a pitch. But, as a result of people suddenly asking questions of them, they put out a press release to the British media who, with a varied level of success, ran their own versions of the story. Such as this clip from The Times which seems to ignore the Moore/Davis/Delano runs, Excalibur, Avengers or more recent series with the character. Or that his sister isn’t doing too badly these days.
Well, BBC Radio 4’s The World Tonight is also running a piece at the end of tonight’s show. I know, because they just called me up, because Paul Gravett was busy. I spouted something vaguely around the idea of how Captain Britain has been about the powerful getting more powerful, and dealing with that, mentioning Alan Moore and Alan Davis a bit, but it was rather brief.
I hope I’m not too terrible. I wonder what I said?
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, August 20th, 2017 – “A Dismal Sign Of The Problems That Marvel Will Face” - August 20, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th August 2017 – Nerd Blocked - August 20, 2017
- 36 Shots Of Cosplay From Flame Con, The Queer Comic Con In New York This Weekend - August 20, 2017
- A Drinking, Dancing Pig Explores His Weird World In ‘Hamfam’, Now On Kickstarter - August 19, 2017
- ‘Mech Cadet Yu’ By Greg Pak And Takeshi Miyazawa Will Be An Ongoing Series - August 19, 2017