Image Comics has announced an all-new, noir-infused miniseries entitled Midnight of the Soul. The comic comes from fan-favorite and cult cartoonist Howard Chaykin who has done work on American Flagg! and Satellite Sam.
The story is set in 1950 and follows Joel Breakstone, a former G.I., one of the liberators of Auschwitz, and a walking pile of seriously damaged goods. He hasn’t exhaled a sober breath in five years. However, that all changes when the sheltered life he’s created for himself unravels and he begins the long night that will change his life forever.
Chaykin called the project:
“A dream project I’ve been working on for nearly twenty years…”
I’d say there should be nothing but passion in the pages. If you look at the pages below, you’ll see a strong inner dialogue that begins the comic, a powerful beginning that will surely lead into an emotional comic. I look forward to reading it in a few months.
Midnight of the Soul #1 will hit comic book stores on Wednesday, June 8th. The final order cutoff deadline for comic book retailers is Monday, May 16th.
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016