On Wednesday we noticed that Boom! Studios had a surprise title for June that they would only announce at WonderCon. Well, if DC Comics can play that game, so can they.
Though unlike DC Comics they haven’t got their artists working overnight to finish cover images before the presentation.
Here’s the big reveal… Sons Of Anarchy’s Kurt Sutter, writing a new comic, Lucas Stand, with Caitlin Kittredge with artist Jesús Hervás and covers from Lee Bermejo, Frazer Irving, Riley Rossmo and Scott Newman.
Out on June 1st…
Ever since we first saw “Sons of Anarchy,” we knew creator Kurt Sutter had an amazing comic book story in him. Now we’ve got it in Lucas Stand, his first, original comic book series. If you’ve been looking for a new antihero like Jax Teller to root for, Lucas Stand fits the bill.
Lucas Stand is a military vet who can’t reintegrate into society and has emotionally cut himself off from the people he loves. At his lowest, Lucas does something he can’t take back. Hell comes calling, offering him the opportunity to make things right. Demons escaping Hell are upsetting the balance of evil, and now Lucifer has recruited Lucas to send them back. It doesn’t matter in what era the demons escape—World War II, old-timey Hollywood, Vietnam, present day—he must learn to fit in both the past and the present. Given new purpose, Lucas starts to rebuild himself and his life, even as he struggles at the human cost that comes with it.
- The Writer of Invictus Pens Graphic Novel, Mandela and the General - October 15, 2018
- Olivia Olson’s Marcy & Simon #1 Kicks Off Official Canon Continuation of Adventure Time in January - October 15, 2018
- The Future of Black Label at DC Comics – It’s All Stephen Colbert’s Fault? - October 15, 2018
- Three Competitive Creative Teams for Wonder Woman? - October 15, 2018
- David F Walker… Not Writing Flash for DC Comics - October 15, 2018