Ted McKeever knows how to start a new issue of a comic. His opening panel for the third issue of Pencil Head put a smile on my face, and I’m sure it will do the same for you…
Leading with the title “Don’t Believe Everything You Hear,” it’s no surprise the amount of drama we get to experience with this issue. However, I’d like to comment on how accurate the first few pages are as far the creative process goes. I truly believe that every writer/creator can relate to the experience that McKeever puts in front of us. We all suffer from writer’s block, paralyzing self doubt, and more. However, it’s not always easy to get that message across to the people in our lives. That’s just another reason to love Pencil Head, and why I urge you to grab this comic for the creative folk in your life.
Besides that, the plot is an intense one as we move passed the halfway point of the limited series. We get to meet some more characters in this issue and the drama and controversy is taken to an entirely new level. My hope is that in the next issue we get more time with the creepy creatures that make random appearances throughout Poodwaddle’s day. I want to know a bit more about their presence in the comic besides the obvious “writer demons.” Overall, this comic continues to be an enjoyable read…something that I savor with every new page.
Be sure to grab your copy of Pencil Head #3 today!
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016