While chatting with writer/director Shane Black about his upcoming film, The Nice Guys, Thrillist nabbed a few comments on his upcoming projects The Predator and Doc Savage.
Black is currently working on the sequel to Predator — a film he actually appeared in as an actor — and mentioned part of the attraction to the project is the sense of scale. “[20th Century Fox] said, ‘What if we said to you we want to reinvent this, and really treat it with as much of an event status, or as much hoopla as we would the Alien prequel, which is coming out also?’ Loving the original film and its hints at a mythology, Black added the studio offered support “if I wanted to make Predator but treat it like it was Iron Man III instead of just another little movie.”
He also mentioned the possibility of Arnold Schwarzenegger returning as Dutch.
The director has also been involved in bringing pulp hero Doc Savage to the screen, but he told the site that the project is “in the ether.” He added that he hopes to make it next year and cast Dwayne Johnson in the title role provided the actor can find time in his hectic schedule.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016