TVLine reports Prometheus actor Sean Harris has joined Starz‘s adaptation of Neal Gaiman‘s American Gods as Mad Sweeney.
The series will tell the tale of the brewing war between the gods of mythology and the newer gods of technological progress. Into this conflict comes Ian McShane’s Mr. Wednesday, one of the older gods marshaling his forces.
Mad Sweeney is a member of Wednesday’s brigade. Described as “a down on his luck leprechaun who is having a hard time understanding how he lost his charm and way,” he is happy to fight for the older god.
The site also reports actors Yetide Badaki and Bruce Langley have also joined the series Bilquis, and older god of love, and new god Technical Boy respectively. Ricky Whittle will play Shadow Moon, Wednesday’s bodyguard, while Emily Browning was recently announced to play Moon’s wife Laura.
The series is expected to begin production in April and premiere sometime next year.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016