There have been a ton of reports claiming that the Wii U is not long for this world. We’ve heard many rumours about Nintendo intending to announce, and possibly even launch the Nintendo NX this year, which is exciting.
Well, here is another report, this time by Japanese outlet Nikkei (via God is a Geek) which adds credence to the possibility. It’s saying that due to low sales, Nintendo will be looking to stop production on the Wii U this year. While not confirmation of the future, as there might be enough supply to last some time, the Wii U’s rotation is seemingly coming to a close. That of course means the dawn of the NX probably isn’t far off.
I expect we will hear something about what this box actually is in the coming months. I’ll be watching keenly.
- Battlefield 1943 is Available on Xbox One by Way of Backwards Compatibility - May 25, 2018
- God of War has Supassed 5 Million Copies Sold - May 25, 2018
- Brigitte Is a Breath of Fresh Air for the Overwatch League – Even When She’s Not Played - May 24, 2018
- Mads Mikkelsen Says Death Stranding Needs Collaboration from People All Around the World - May 24, 2018
- Banner Saga 2 is Coming to the Nintendo Switch in June - May 24, 2018