There have been a ton of reports claiming that the Wii U is not long for this world. We’ve heard many rumours about Nintendo intending to announce, and possibly even launch the Nintendo NX this year, which is exciting.
Well, here is another report, this time by Japanese outlet Nikkei (via God is a Geek) which adds credence to the possibility. It’s saying that due to low sales, Nintendo will be looking to stop production on the Wii U this year. While not confirmation of the future, as there might be enough supply to last some time, the Wii U’s rotation is seemingly coming to a close. That of course means the dawn of the NX probably isn’t far off.
I expect we will hear something about what this box actually is in the coming months. I’ll be watching keenly.
- Devil May Cry 5 Will Get its First Gameplay Demo at Gamescom - August 14, 2018
- Video: Everything You Need Know About World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth’s Story in 7 Minutes. - August 14, 2018
- Bethesda Says Future Games Could Come to Steam Despite Fallout 76 Skipping Platform - August 14, 2018
- Sumo Digital has Bought The Chinese Room – Game in More Traditional Genre Coming - August 14, 2018
- Rainbow Six Siege is Getting a Free Weekend This Week - August 13, 2018