There have been a ton of reports claiming that the Wii U is not long for this world. We’ve heard many rumours about Nintendo intending to announce, and possibly even launch the Nintendo NX this year, which is exciting.
Well, here is another report, this time by Japanese outlet Nikkei (via God is a Geek) which adds credence to the possibility. It’s saying that due to low sales, Nintendo will be looking to stop production on the Wii U this year. While not confirmation of the future, as there might be enough supply to last some time, the Wii U’s rotation is seemingly coming to a close. That of course means the dawn of the NX probably isn’t far off.
I expect we will hear something about what this box actually is in the coming months. I’ll be watching keenly.
- Blizzard Creates Animation of Zenyatta Walking After Fan Request, and It’s the Best - February 23, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Has Been Playing A Lot Of Stardew Valley On Nintendo Switch - February 23, 2018
- Overwatch League Spotlight: Houston Outlaws vs London Spitfire - February 23, 2018
- Crytek’s Hunt: Showdown Gets New Trailer as it Hits Early Access - February 23, 2018
- Metal Gear Survive Charges Money For a New Save Slot - February 23, 2018