There have been a ton of reports claiming that the Wii U is not long for this world. We’ve heard many rumours about Nintendo intending to announce, and possibly even launch the Nintendo NX this year, which is exciting.
Well, here is another report, this time by Japanese outlet Nikkei (via God is a Geek) which adds credence to the possibility. It’s saying that due to low sales, Nintendo will be looking to stop production on the Wii U this year. While not confirmation of the future, as there might be enough supply to last some time, the Wii U’s rotation is seemingly coming to a close. That of course means the dawn of the NX probably isn’t far off.
I expect we will hear something about what this box actually is in the coming months. I’ll be watching keenly.
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018