Telltale’s the Walking Dead series has remained one of the most important franchises under the belt of the developer since it kicked them into the stratosphere with its debut. While it wasn’t as generally well received, I very much enjoyed The Walking Dead Season 2 too and the ending left me looking forward to the future of what is next.
It seems I’ll have a glimpse into that in the coming months too. Mashable have reported that the third season will make its debut this year, with an announcement to be expected around San Diego Comic-Con.
With Season 2’s wildly branching paths at its conclusion, it’s hard to know how Season 3 will resolve them, but CEO Kevin Bruner seemed pretty pleased with Telltale’s answer to the problem:
From a role-playing, interactive storytelling point of view, it is not from the bag of tricks that we’ve ever shown anybody before. The way that we’re dealing with and validating and retaining all those different playthroughs is really cool and unexpected and, I think, pretty innovative from the storytelling point of view.
Count me in.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Final DLC Gets Release Date – Will Have Into the Spider Verse Suit - December 13, 2018
- Tony Hawk has a New Game for Mobile - December 13, 2018
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018
- Anthem Gets Story Trailer Showing Off Impressive Cutscenes - December 6, 2018
- Far Cry: New Dawn Shows Off Beautiful Post-Apocalypse World - December 6, 2018