Deadline reports that British actor Peter Serafinowicz will don the blue tights of The Tick in Amazon’s pilot based on Ben Edlund‘s comic book.
Serafinowicz may be a familiar face, but a more familiar voice. He was the voice of Darth Maul in Star Wars: Episode I — The Phantom Menace. He later parodied the character’s line, “At last we will have revenge,” in an episode of Simon Pegg, Jessica Hynes and Edgar Wright‘s sitcom Spaced.
The actor joins the previously announced Griffin Newman, who will play Arthur, and The Following’s Valorie Curry as Arthur’s sister Dot. In the new series, Arthur will be a discredited hero trying to find his place in the world again when he is reunited with an amnesiac Tick.
Transcendence director Wally Pfister will helm the pilot, but it is unclear if Amazon will take the project straight to series, or test it with Amazon Prime subscribers as part of its pilot season promotion.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016