When Bleeding Cool talked to Wynonna Earp creator Beau Smith on the set of the series last December, he said he always thought an adaptation of his work was something to daydream about. “Y’know, I’m going to play for the Chicago Bears one day,” he joked. But the project became a reality via IDW Entertainment and Syfy.
“I’ve been doing comic books for twenty-eight years. That alone is a dream come true for me,” Smith continued. “But then to have it turn into real people was actually beyond anything I’d ever thought of.”
The series centers on the semi-reluctant demon hunter — and great-granddaughter of Wyatt Earp — as she returns home to take up her family’s legendary purpose and curse. Starring Melanie Scrofano, Tim Rozon, Shamier Anderson and Dominique Provost-Chalkley, the series premieres April 1st on Syfy.
We’ll have more from Smith and the cast over the next couple of weeks, but we also have a behind the scenes look at the production of the program and Smith’s visit to the set last December.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016