My brother and I like to use the term “stupid money”. That’s where you make so much money you have enough to do stupid things like buy a car that goes faster than you’ll ever want to drive it or get a guitar that is worth more than most people’s houses. In the comic industry we get to see stupid money things all the time. $100.00 for a tiny replica of a comic book spinner rack. Awesome idea but how many folks have $100.00 for that? Well… here is my latest find, a life-sized Batman sculpted after Ben Affleck’s version of the character in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. This is from Sideshow Collectibles, a compay whose products I’m a big fan of.
This is over 7 feet tall… which is interesting in that there is a base that looks to be at least a foot or more bigger, meaning that is this is life-sized then Batman is under 6 feet… It’s also very realistic looking so it might feel like Ben Affleck is just standing around your house watching you. For the $7,500.00 they’re asking for this statue, you could probably get Affleck himself to stand around your house for a day… maybe two. With tax this thing comes to over $8K and that’s without shipping costs.
So to get this you have to be a HUGE Batman fan and a fan of the movie. I mean there are a lot of Batman fans out there, but how many of them would want a George Clooney version in their house?
- Dynamite Offering Entire ‘The Boys’ Trade Collection Signed by Garth Ennis - May 25, 2018
- Charlaine Harris and Christopher Golden’s ‘Cemetery Girl’ Moves to Dynamite - May 25, 2018
- A Look Inside Project Superpowers #1 by Rob Williams and Sergio Davila - May 25, 2018
- Fruit Ninja, Jetpack Joyride, and More in The Art of Halfbrick - May 25, 2018
- Robots Vs. Princesses Finds a Home at Dynamite - May 25, 2018