Yesterday, Bleeding Cool told that, against previous plans, Scott Snyder would no longer be writing Detective Comics. I understand, coming out of C2E2, that while it’s true that Snyder refused to write a bi-weekly Batman comic, this is also down to a decision not to overshadow the launch of the new Batman #1 written by his friend Tom King.
I understand that his new unannounced series will be a Batman book. It will be published monthly. And it will be in continuity. But it will look very different indeed.
It will be published in a deluxe, extended format. And will see Scott Snyder teamed with a number of artists – Sean Gordon Murphy and John Romita Jr are two that have been named but there are plenty more big names to come, as the new series cycles through Batman’s rogue’s gallery, starting with Two-Face. At the Batman panel,
When he is Dent he says “I believe in you”. When he is Two Face he knows all your secrets – online, what you do physically, the skeletons in the closet.
Look for this new Batman book to launch later in the year.
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018