There was a certain drinking den in New York City from where the story first came to me. That Scott Snyder was stepping down from the Batman monthly title, with Tom King taking his role on the title. And that this was down to the new bi-weekly schedule that the book was getting. Instead, the plan was that Scott Snyder would move to Detective Comics, where he would write a monthly Batman story running through his rogues gallery with a series of major artists. Sean Gordon Murphy was one, and Two-Face would be an early focus for the book.
CBR also ran the news – which is usually code for “we knew this all along but now that Bleeding Cool has run it, we have to.”.
But then, as a surprise to all, Detective Comics was announced as a bi-weekly title as well, part of Rebirth. And that was not part of Scott Snyder’s plan. Plans change.
And at the Batman Retrospective panel at C2E2 today, with Greg Capullo, he confirmed it.
Well before it has even begun, Scott Snyder is off Detective Comics. He’s still working on that Batman project for DC but it will now launch separately – and monthly – later this year. And will be everything he wanted it to be…
He did, previously, make his position clear on Twitter…
@NackMiller thats wishful thinking. I'm teaching/consulting + writing – just can't do double ship now. Love that title tho, love to one day
— Scott Snyder (@Ssnyder1835) March 14, 2016
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – Thor, Cable, Batman And Rugrats In A Comic Show - October 17, 2017
- How Did Unknown Creator David Jesus Vignolli Get Boom! To Publish His Comic A Girl In The Himalayas? He Just Sent It In… - October 17, 2017
- Major Misprint On Mighty Thor #700… Will Marvel Recall Copies? - October 17, 2017
- How DC Comics Is Opposing The Superman Jesus Trademark Of Stacey Lee - October 17, 2017
- Now Raina Telgemeier’s Drama Banned In An Entire Educational District In Texas - October 17, 2017