CBR has been handed a Marvel PR preview of the new series International Iron Man #1 by Brian Bendis and Alex Maleev.
I don’t think it’s been established previously that Stark studied at Cambridge. Previously he was a 15 year old wunderkind who went to MIT, and then worked for his father’s company Stark Industries. Is this another change made at the end of Secret Wars by the Molecule Man and/or Franklin Richards in the nature of the universe? Though I did find this fanfic for a younger sister of Tony Stark going to Cambridge…
The colouring of the fans shirts doesn’t make it clear, but the song being sung is that popularised by the supporters of West Ham United Football Club. Have a listen.
And yes, there used to be a joke about Michael Jackson related to the club.
Okay, back to the comic.
Tony Stark’s actual – or rather “kinda” – trip to Cambridge University was slightly less eventful, as he spoke at the Cambridge University Union. Where he spoke about… …the size of his penis.
“‘They don’t call me throbbing knob for nothing,’ Robert, 49, confidently replied.
So, looks like Bendis got that right too…
International Iron Man #1 is published next Wednesday.
- Harley Quinn vs. Darkseid in Closer DC Continuity as Sam Humphries Writes Ongoing Series from #43 - March 17, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Why I’m Hiring a New Employee - March 17, 2018
- In the Wake of Doomsday Clock, DC Comics Collects Don McGregor and Gene Colan’s Nathaniel Dusk - March 17, 2018
- Jim Lee’s First Two Pages for Brian Bendis’ Action Comics #1000 – and a Six Hour Video of Him Drawing One - March 17, 2018
- 481 3rd Ave – the New Location for JHU in New York City - March 17, 2018