Gears of War: The Ultimate Edition had a a rather weird set up when it came to frame rate. The game ran at 30fps in single player and 60fps in multiplayer. It seemed a compromise to make the campaign graphically more impressive with a bit of punch, while also favouring reactions and smoothness in online where it mattered.
Well, as it turns out, Gears of War 4 will be doing the same thing. Speaking to GameInformer, The Coalition’s Rod Fergusson announced that the game’s single player won’t be making the jump to 60fps this time around either. It will however remain in place for multiplayer.
I’m not too fussed about this personally, as I am sure The Coalition are making this cut to achieve the look they want in the graphics department. Understandably, some fans really want the game to look amazing and smooth for the franchise’s first outing on Xbox One. Sadly, we won’t be getting that.
- Nike has Endorsed its First Esports Player - October 22, 2018
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018