I’m a big fan of the BAFTA Games ceremony each year. The show is always great, focusing on both some out there nominations that are well deserved and, of course, on British games. It really is one of my favorite events on the calendar.
And we just got the nominations in for next month’s show, and it has a rather surprising frontrunner. Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture has come away with 10 nominations, including Best Game, Best Music, Artistic Achievement and Game Innovation. After that Her Story and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt received 7 nominations, and after that Batman: Arkham Knight, Life is Strange and Rocket League got 5 nominations each.
The awards will take place April 7th at the same venue as EGX Rezzed.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2’s Microtransactions to Return, but They Won’t Affect Gameplay - March 16, 2018
- Heroes of the Storm’s Next Character is StarCraft’s Fenix - March 16, 2018
- PUBG’s Mobile Port Spreads to the West as Beta Rolls Out to Canada - March 16, 2018
- The Crew 2 Finally Gets a Release Date, and It’s Coming This Summer - March 16, 2018
- Sea of Thieves Gets a Launch Trailer Showing Off Pirate-y Fun - March 16, 2018