Dead Island 2 has been an incredibly troubled game. It was revealed in 2013 at Sony’s E3 press conference, but the game grew very quiet in the proceeding years. Then it was announced that developer Yager had been taken off the project in July, 2015 It’s not entirely clear what happened, but one must assume there were creative differences or production was taking too long on the game.
It’s been quiet again since then, but it has finally reemerged with publisher Deep Silver unveiling developer Sumo Digital will be on the game now. The developer are known for their work on Little Big Planet 3 and Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing, while also providing support on tons of other AAA games.
Hopefully this means the game can finally progress to where it needs to be for release. Depending on if Sumo are going to be touching up previous work or starting from scratch though, it’s hard to even put a prospective date on this.
- Conan Exiles and Halo Wars 2 are Free to Play This Weekend on Xbox Live - October 19, 2018
- Hitman is Getting a Halloween Event Today - October 19, 2018
- Developer Says The Division 2 Can’t Be Openly Political - October 18, 2018
- PUBG Looks to be Bringing Halloween Content to the Game - October 17, 2018
- New SoulCalibur 6 Video Teaches You The Basics - October 16, 2018