Dead Island 2 has been an incredibly troubled game. It was revealed in 2013 at Sony’s E3 press conference, but the game grew very quiet in the proceeding years. Then it was announced that developer Yager had been taken off the project in July, 2015 It’s not entirely clear what happened, but one must assume there were creative differences or production was taking too long on the game.
It’s been quiet again since then, but it has finally reemerged with publisher Deep Silver unveiling developer Sumo Digital will be on the game now. The developer are known for their work on Little Big Planet 3 and Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing, while also providing support on tons of other AAA games.
Hopefully this means the game can finally progress to where it needs to be for release. Depending on if Sumo are going to be touching up previous work or starting from scratch though, it’s hard to even put a prospective date on this.
- Blizzard Creates Animation of Zenyatta Walking After Fan Request, and It’s the Best - February 23, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Has Been Playing A Lot Of Stardew Valley On Nintendo Switch - February 23, 2018
- Overwatch League Spotlight: Houston Outlaws vs London Spitfire - February 23, 2018
- Crytek’s Hunt: Showdown Gets New Trailer as it Hits Early Access - February 23, 2018
- Metal Gear Survive Charges Money For a New Save Slot - February 23, 2018