Dead Island 2 has been an incredibly troubled game. It was revealed in 2013 at Sony’s E3 press conference, but the game grew very quiet in the proceeding years. Then it was announced that developer Yager had been taken off the project in July, 2015 It’s not entirely clear what happened, but one must assume there were creative differences or production was taking too long on the game.
It’s been quiet again since then, but it has finally reemerged with publisher Deep Silver unveiling developer Sumo Digital will be on the game now. The developer are known for their work on Little Big Planet 3 and Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing, while also providing support on tons of other AAA games.
Hopefully this means the game can finally progress to where it needs to be for release. Depending on if Sumo are going to be touching up previous work or starting from scratch though, it’s hard to even put a prospective date on this.
- EA Exec Patrick Söderlund is Leaving the Publishing Company - August 15, 2018
- Night Trap is Coming to Nintendo Switch Later This Month - August 15, 2018
- Arkane Studios Says Dishonored is Taking a Break - August 15, 2018
- TimeSplitters Looks to Finally Be Making a Return After IP Changes Hands - August 15, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 Will Get its First Gameplay Demo at Gamescom - August 14, 2018