I’m not going to lie, I’m mostly here for the musical numbers. How could I not be? They’re just too good. The second issue of Kennel Block Blues has arrived, and it’s even better than the first. From BOOM! Studios, written by Ryan Ferrier, with art by Daniel Bayliss, this issue continues the drama as Oliver and his crack team cook up the perfect routine full of distractions, misdirections, and red herrings to distract the guards and stage their prison break.
But let me ask you, what’s better than an angry chihuahua? Nothing. I found myself getting fired up after reading this little guys monologue.
There’s more to the issue than that though, I promise you. It’s incredibly entertaining to watch this crew scheme and plot a way to escape. It’s even more entertaining to laugh at the deadly serious cats that are dead set against them.
But it’s not all fun and games, it takes place in a prison after all. The group ends up discovering something pretty brutal, but I won’t spoil that here. Overall, this is such a great comic. I’d definitely hop on board if I were you. My hope is that it is soon announced that Kennel Block Blues will be around much longer than four issues.
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016