Seen in the wild, the Plants Vs Zombies mini-comics bags from Dark Horse, including Paul Tobin‘s comics for the publisher based on the popular game, as well as posters, stickers, tattoos and trading cards with codes for more comics or the digital variety. And sold in mass market venues.
And this is how they’ll look when you open them up.
It’s a market developed by IDW, whose line of mini-comics for Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Skylanders, have also branched out working for Marvel, getting Avengers titles onto stands.
But just as IDW developed the Artist’s Edition format, now copied by pretty much every publisher, so this is the first step from a non-IDW publisher to create their own mini-comics line for a greater mainstream audience.
- Matthew Rosenberg to Write New Multiple Man Comic for Marvel? - February 24, 2018
- 9 Exclusive Retailer Covers from Marvel for April 2018 - February 24, 2018
- Filip Sablik and Ross Richie Address ComicsPRO on BOOM! Studios as a Premier Publisher at Diamond - February 23, 2018
- Publishing Dates for DC Zoom and DC Ink Titles Locked Down - February 23, 2018
- Dynamite Entertainment to Become a Premier Publisher at Diamond Comics (CONFIRMED) - February 23, 2018