Seen in the wild, the Plants Vs Zombies mini-comics bags from Dark Horse, including Paul Tobin‘s comics for the publisher based on the popular game, as well as posters, stickers, tattoos and trading cards with codes for more comics or the digital variety. And sold in mass market venues.
And this is how they’ll look when you open them up.
It’s a market developed by IDW, whose line of mini-comics for Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Skylanders, have also branched out working for Marvel, getting Avengers titles onto stands.
But just as IDW developed the Artist’s Edition format, now copied by pretty much every publisher, so this is the first step from a non-IDW publisher to create their own mini-comics line for a greater mainstream audience.
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018
- Marvel Finally Reveals What ‘T’Challa’ Actually Means - August 18, 2018
- You Can Find All Sorts of Things on Reddit in the Marvel Universe - August 18, 2018
- Is the Punisher Coming to London’s East End? - August 18, 2018