Fantagraphics Books probably jumped for joy when they found out about Obama’s interest in Charles Schulz’ beloved Peanuts. After all, how many publishers can say that the President of the United States wanted to write an introduction for a collected issue. The 25th volume of the Complete Peanuts series will have just that. The series which began in 2004 wraps up this year, so this is a nice way for the series to exit.
Here’s a bit of what Mr. President writes in the introduction:
“In his final strip, Charles Schulz wondered how he could ever forget the Peanuts gang…Thanks to this groundbreaking series of books collecting all of Charles Schulz’s Peanuts strips, the rest of us never will…”
That’s not all folks…in addition to the special introduction, the edition will also feature the complete Li’l Folks. Li’l Folks is the weekly one-panel comic that Charles Schulz produced between June 22, 1947, and January 22, 1950 which was the creative precursor to Peanuts. That’s a mighty special thing to include if you ask me. Get ready to grab your copy this May.
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016