The master of young adult literature J.K. Rowling always has a lot going on. With her Harry Potter reputation fueling her stardom, Rowling has since written books that are a bit different. The Casual Vacancy was one, and then there’s her Robert Galbraith alter-ego writing The Corman Strike Novels. We’re all excited for the release of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and I personally cannot wait for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. Rowling has a stunning reputation throughout the entertainment industry and most of us would leap at any chance to simply see her in passing.
Well, it turns out it doesn’t take much more than a lemon drizzle cake to make that happen. It all happened on Twitter over the weekend as the Orkney Library tweeted at Rowling about their upcoming book club. The writer engaged with the library via an extensive tweet conversation and surprised them all by actually showing up for some lemon drizzle cake.
— Orkney Library (@OrkneyLibrary) March 5, 2016
To read the full exchange of the conversation visit the Irish Examiner, and be sure to keep some lemon cake handy for your next book club meeting.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them arrives in theaters this Fall.
- The Retro 90s Style We Loved In Pokemon TCG Is Back! - November 12, 2016
- #OddlyCrypticTweets Purpose Revealed! A Chat With Otis Frampton About The Future Of Oddly Normal - November 12, 2016
- A Deep Conversation About Storytelling: BOOM! Studios Discovering New Worlds At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016
- “SCOTT SNYDER LIKES MY BOOK!” The Image Comics Storytelling Panel NYCC 16’ - October 8, 2016
- “You Learn A Lot From Reading” Be Your Own Superhero: Intersectional Feminism In Comics At NYCC 16′ - October 8, 2016