David Hayter famously has been the voice of Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid franchise. Of course, he was dropped from Metal Gear Solid V in favour of Hideo Kojima getting Keifer Sutherland on board, but it’s been clear that Hayter has wanted to stick with the franchise since.
And it seems he is…for something. In a tweet yesterday, he let out this little bit of script, saying he was back in the booth for the character.
— David Hayter (@DavidBHayter) March 7, 2016
Now the question is, what is this for? I suppose it could be another game in the franchise, of which Konami have said they are considering, but that seems unlikely given the state of that company’s seeming non-interest in making games going forward. Perhaps an anime? A cameo in another game? An advert? Who knows. We will just have to wait for this one.
Updated: As pointed out by VG247, it would appear that this recording was a challenge set for Hayter, in a bid to support the Kickstarter for the The Antaeus Theatre Company to find a new home. A noble cause, but I’m sure not the one people were hoping for.
Still, a neat little aside no?
- Quake Champions Extends its Free-to-Play Period Another Week - June 19, 2018
- Epic Games Removing Exploit that Allowed Players to Unintentionally Create a Swastika - June 19, 2018
- AJ Styles is the WWE 2K19 Cover Star - June 19, 2018
- Fallout 76’s Beta is Coming to Xbox One First - June 19, 2018
- EA is Talking About Cross-Play for FIFA, Says Creative Director - June 18, 2018