David Hayter famously has been the voice of Solid Snake in the Metal Gear Solid franchise. Of course, he was dropped from Metal Gear Solid V in favour of Hideo Kojima getting Keifer Sutherland on board, but it’s been clear that Hayter has wanted to stick with the franchise since.
And it seems he is…for something. In a tweet yesterday, he let out this little bit of script, saying he was back in the booth for the character.
— David Hayter (@DavidBHayter) March 7, 2016
Now the question is, what is this for? I suppose it could be another game in the franchise, of which Konami have said they are considering, but that seems unlikely given the state of that company’s seeming non-interest in making games going forward. Perhaps an anime? A cameo in another game? An advert? Who knows. We will just have to wait for this one.
Updated: As pointed out by VG247, it would appear that this recording was a challenge set for Hayter, in a bid to support the Kickstarter for the The Antaeus Theatre Company to find a new home. A noble cause, but I’m sure not the one people were hoping for.
Still, a neat little aside no?
- Star Wars Battlefront 2’s Microtransactions to Return, but They Won’t Affect Gameplay - March 16, 2018
- Heroes of the Storm’s Next Character is StarCraft’s Fenix - March 16, 2018
- PUBG’s Mobile Port Spreads to the West as Beta Rolls Out to Canada - March 16, 2018
- The Crew 2 Finally Gets a Release Date, and It’s Coming This Summer - March 16, 2018
- Sea of Thieves Gets a Launch Trailer Showing Off Pirate-y Fun - March 16, 2018