Deadline reports that Zendaya has joined the cast of the upcoming Spider-Man reboot. The film will follow the new Peter Parker, Tom Holland, as he navigates high school and becoming a webslinger. It will also be the character’s first solo outing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe following his debut in May’s Captain America: Civil War.
Zendaya, star of the Disney Channel series Shake It Up! and K.C. Undercover, is said to be playing “Michelle.” According to Variety, the part is a smaller role in the film with a potential for more importance in subsequent sequels. The site also stressed that the role is not Peter’s love interest.
The untitled Spider-Man film is scheduled for release on July 7, 2017.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016