It seems Commissioner Gordon will have a part to play in Justice League Part One and joining the ranks of the esteemed men to play James Gordon on screen is Spider-Man‘s former J. Jonah Jameson, J.K. Simmons.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Simmons will become Gotham’s top cop in the film, slated to begin production in April. He joins a rarefied group including actors Neil Hamilton, Pat Hingle and Gary Oldman, among others. The part was also memorably voiced by actor Bob Hastings in Batman: The Animated Series. Breaking Bad alums Bryan Cranston and Jonathan Banks have also lent their voices to Gordon in the Batman: Year One animated movie and Batman: Arkham Knight game respectively.
It is unclear just how large Simmons’ role will be. Gordon has come to be a central figure via The Dark Knight trilogy and the current Gotham TV series, but traditionally offered a supporting role. And with seven key superheroes filling the screen, there may not be too much room left for the character.
Justice League Part One opens on November 17th, 2017.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016