Not so long ago, I reported that Alan Wake’s Return was spotted as a registered trademark, leaving many to speculate this could be a long asked about sequel game. Well, Wake fans, allow me to break your hearts.
It turns out this is just a show inside the Quantum Break reality, more of an easteregg than anything. The show can be seen in the upcoming game and Remedy’s Sam Lake says that filing that trademark was just admin. Speaking to Kotaku, he said:
A big part of the trademarking process all in all is the legalities of it. Just making sure everything is covered. So, no real news about anything future Alan Wake-related.
That’s a shame. Still, just from the noise made from the game’s developer of late, I expect it to be the next title from them.
- Battlefield 1943 is Available on Xbox One by Way of Backwards Compatibility - May 25, 2018
- God of War has Supassed 5 Million Copies Sold - May 25, 2018
- Brigitte Is a Breath of Fresh Air for the Overwatch League – Even When She’s Not Played - May 24, 2018
- Mads Mikkelsen Says Death Stranding Needs Collaboration from People All Around the World - May 24, 2018
- Banner Saga 2 is Coming to the Nintendo Switch in June - May 24, 2018