Not so long ago, I reported that Alan Wake’s Return was spotted as a registered trademark, leaving many to speculate this could be a long asked about sequel game. Well, Wake fans, allow me to break your hearts.
It turns out this is just a show inside the Quantum Break reality, more of an easteregg than anything. The show can be seen in the upcoming game and Remedy’s Sam Lake says that filing that trademark was just admin. Speaking to Kotaku, he said:
A big part of the trademarking process all in all is the legalities of it. Just making sure everything is covered. So, no real news about anything future Alan Wake-related.
That’s a shame. Still, just from the noise made from the game’s developer of late, I expect it to be the next title from them.
- Blizzard Creates Animation of Zenyatta Walking After Fan Request, and It’s the Best - February 23, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Has Been Playing A Lot Of Stardew Valley On Nintendo Switch - February 23, 2018
- Overwatch League Spotlight: Houston Outlaws vs London Spitfire - February 23, 2018
- Crytek’s Hunt: Showdown Gets New Trailer as it Hits Early Access - February 23, 2018
- Metal Gear Survive Charges Money For a New Save Slot - February 23, 2018