While Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice will lay the foundation of the DC Films universe, with appearances by Cyborg and The Flash slated for the picture ahead of their Justice League debuts. But rumors of a Green Lantern appearance may be nothing but wishful thinking as Warner Bros. president of creative development and worldwide production Greg Silverman and producer Charles Roven tell Entertainment Weekly a member of the Corps. may not even make it into Justice League Part Two.
Acknowledging the missteps in the 2011 Green Lantern film, Silverman said the characters deserve the same reverence as the trinity, but asked for patience. “I guess I can say to the Green Lantern fans: if they can be patient with us, I think they’ll be really happy,” he said.
“Every beat of the movie is not yet worked out. So there’s the possibility that he may or may not be in Justice League 2,” added Roven. “For now, we felt that we were introducing enough characters that the best possible place we could put Green Lantern is some introduction in Justice League 2, or barring that, a movie after.”
The Green Lantern concept will receive its own spotlight in 2020 with Green Lantern Corps.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016