Over the weekend many of you probably saw Deadpool. The film set box office records for an R-rated movie and for a first time director (well done Tim Miller). And of course any time a film does well a sequel can’t be far behind. And if you stayed through the credits you know a certain character was mentioned in the end as being in the sequel… But instead of saying who was mentioned, I’d like to talk about another popular mutant, Cable.
Avatar actor Stephen Lang is angling to play the character if it so happens the appears in the next Deadpool movie…
— Stephen Lang (@IAmStephenLang) February 13, 2016
And where he does look like that character a bit… I think I have a better suggestion. Someone who fans have wanted in a comic movie for years… someone who has worked with Ryan Reynolds before and someone with the screen presence to not be overshadowed by the Merc with a Mouth… that’s right, I’m talking about Captain Mal Reynolds… Richard Castle… Captain Hammer… Nathan Fillion.
How cool would it be to have Fillon play Cable? Just think of all the jokes that could be worked into the story. And their both Canadian. Hell, it could be called Deadpool: Two Mutants, A Girl And A Chimichanga Truck.
- Exclusive Extended Previews – Pathfinder: Runescars And Project Superpowers: Hero Killers - July 25, 2017
- Comic Book History Of DC Comics’ Morgan Edge - July 25, 2017
- Hot Toys ‘Roadworn Thor’ 1/6th Scale Figure Is A Bit Spoilery - July 25, 2017
- Matt Groening Brings ‘Disenchantment’ To Netflix - July 25, 2017
- Early NFL Power Rankings – Swinging Out To The AFC West - July 24, 2017