Over the weekend many of you probably saw Deadpool. The film set box office records for an R-rated movie and for a first time director (well done Tim Miller). And of course any time a film does well a sequel can’t be far behind. And if you stayed through the credits you know a certain character was mentioned in the end as being in the sequel… But instead of saying who was mentioned, I’d like to talk about another popular mutant, Cable.
Avatar actor Stephen Lang is angling to play the character if it so happens the appears in the next Deadpool movie…
— Stephen Lang (@IAmStephenLang) February 13, 2016
And where he does look like that character a bit… I think I have a better suggestion. Someone who fans have wanted in a comic movie for years… someone who has worked with Ryan Reynolds before and someone with the screen presence to not be overshadowed by the Merc with a Mouth… that’s right, I’m talking about Captain Mal Reynolds… Richard Castle… Captain Hammer… Nathan Fillion.
How cool would it be to have Fillon play Cable? Just think of all the jokes that could be worked into the story. And their both Canadian. Hell, it could be called Deadpool: Two Mutants, A Girl And A Chimichanga Truck.
- Writer’s Commentary: Ian Edginton Talks About Killer Instinct #4 - January 18, 2018
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Atlanta Falcons - January 18, 2018
- Flash Season 4: Wrestler Goldberg Plays Rare DC Comics Villain - January 18, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: What Will Keep Jefferson Pierce from Retiring Again? - January 18, 2018
- Arrow Season 5: The Team Finds How Cayden James Has Been Ahead of Them - January 18, 2018