We’d heard about the changes to Playboy Magazine, the elimination of nudity. This was met with mixed reactions at best. But we now get word that they will be eliminating something else the magazine is well known for… the cartoons. And I don’t mean just nudity in the cartoons, I the cartoons all together are gone.
The word of this comes from long-time Playboy artist Dean Yeagle who says he just got confirmation from Playboy’s cartoon editor that there would be no more cartoons.
This is rather shocking as one of the things that Hugh Hefner prided him self on was employing cartoonists. That is because growing up he wanted to be a cartoonist and when he started his magazine he wanted to help some of his friends from the industry get steady work. The Hero Complex did a nice article about Hugh’s connection to the cartoons back in 2009.
This was the home for amazing talents like Jack Cole, Gahan Wilson, Harvey Kurtzman, Yeagle and many more.
If you take away the cartoons and the nudity… what is left to make Playboy unique from the dozens of magazines on the market like Maxium and FHM?
- Richard Dragon Confirmed As Arrow Villain - July 24, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary – David Avallone On Bringing Bettie Page Back To Comics - July 24, 2017
- Kansas Rocks The ‘Supernatural’ Panel Stage With Carry On Wayward Son - July 23, 2017
- ‘Lucifer’ EPs Henderson And Modrovich Explain How They Got Tom Welling To Join The Cast - July 23, 2017
- Aimee Garcia Thinks Her ‘Lucifer’ Character Is The Most Interesting Woman In The World - July 23, 2017