Deadpool isn’t just out performing R-rated movie openings and films released in February. After an opening day of $47.5 M and a Saturday of $41.88 M (the normally more family friendly film day), Fox is estimating the 3-day take to be $135 M and hitting $150 M with the added holiday. What that means is that the Tim Miller directed movie places second on the list of best debuts of a superhero property, only being behind a little film called Marvel’s The Avengers. It is beating the debuts of Man of Steel, Spider-Man, Iron Man and The Guardians of the Galaxy.
And just for those who are curious, the #2 movie at the box office this weekend is Kung-Fu Panda 3 making around $19.6 M… and is also a Fox film so I’m guessing the studio is feeling the love on Valentine’s Day.
- Supergirl Vs Snapper Car In Ace Reporter – Live Blog - April 24, 2017
- The Bleeding Cool NFL Mock Draft Part 1 (Picks 1 – 10) - April 24, 2017
- Overwatch’s Genji To Join Heroes Of The Storm - April 24, 2017
- Catch Up With The Scarlet Speedster – The Flash Spring Recap - April 24, 2017
- Whatever Happened To Collaborations? - April 24, 2017