Deadpool isn’t just out performing R-rated movie openings and films released in February. After an opening day of $47.5 M and a Saturday of $41.88 M (the normally more family friendly film day), Fox is estimating the 3-day take to be $135 M and hitting $150 M with the added holiday. What that means is that the Tim Miller directed movie places second on the list of best debuts of a superhero property, only being behind a little film called Marvel’s The Avengers. It is beating the debuts of Man of Steel, Spider-Man, Iron Man and The Guardians of the Galaxy.
And just for those who are curious, the #2 movie at the box office this weekend is Kung-Fu Panda 3 making around $19.6 M… and is also a Fox film so I’m guessing the studio is feeling the love on Valentine’s Day.
- Clive Barker Announces Hellraiser: Anthology Volume Two - June 25, 2017
- Batman Vs Superman In A Pokemon Gym Battle - June 25, 2017
- What Comics Has Michael Keaton Read To Prepare To Play The Vulture? - June 25, 2017
- Did The A-Team Just Appear On Marvel’s Avengers: Secret Wars - June 25, 2017
- Free On Bleeding Cool – Robert Jordan’s The Wheel Of Time #1.5 - June 25, 2017