Deadpool isn’t just out performing R-rated movie openings and films released in February. After an opening day of $47.5 M and a Saturday of $41.88 M (the normally more family friendly film day), Fox is estimating the 3-day take to be $135 M and hitting $150 M with the added holiday. What that means is that the Tim Miller directed movie places second on the list of best debuts of a superhero property, only being behind a little film called Marvel’s The Avengers. It is beating the debuts of Man of Steel, Spider-Man, Iron Man and The Guardians of the Galaxy.
And just for those who are curious, the #2 movie at the box office this weekend is Kung-Fu Panda 3 making around $19.6 M… and is also a Fox film so I’m guessing the studio is feeling the love on Valentine’s Day.
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 22 Recap: The End - May 19, 2018
- HBO Chooses the Cleveland Browns for the New Season of Hard Knocks - May 18, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: Decrypting Episode 9, ‘Hope’ - May 18, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Who is Coville’s Cult Worshiping Now? - May 18, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5: 2 Sneak Peeks at Tonight’s Season Finale - May 18, 2018