While speculating on where the DC Comics character Deathstroke might land in the DC Films universe, Heroic Hollywood pointed to Arrow executive producer Marc Guggenheim‘s recent Tumblr Q&A session. In one response, he announced the character, played by Manu Bennett, is no longer available to appear on the show.
Asked about the character — last seen in the A.R.G.U.S. prison on Lian Yu, Guggenheim wrote, “The character of Slade Wilson is currently tied up in another DC project.”
It is unclear if that project is one of the upcoming DC Films or another television show. Rumors suggest the character may actually show up in the upcoming Suicide Squad, with its roster of characters that were also removed from the Arrow stable.
Many assumed the film was also the reason Amanda Waller’s position at A.R.G.U.S. on the series was terminated, but in another Tumblr post, Guggenheim wrote, “It wasn’t mandated by DC.”
Previously, DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson announced the TV and film universes would be separate in an attempt to keep from “handcuffing our creators into trying to work with the same storyline or force them to hold back characters or introduce certain characters.” Granted, her comments did not clarify which productions would have dibs on which characters.
Of course, now that fans have seen so many characters become unavailable to main DC TV universe, many fear for The Flash as a feature film Barry Allen will be racing his way onto the big screen soon.
- Space Ghost Coast To Coast’s C. Martin Croker Dead At 54 - September 18, 2016
- Comissioner Gordon Waits For The Batman In Justice League Photo - September 18, 2016
- Coulson And Mac Get Briefed On Odd Deaths In A Clip From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Premiere - September 17, 2016
- Movies With Mikey Tackles YouTube Show Monster Factory - September 17, 2016
- Todd McFarlane Promises A Dark Spawn Movie … Again - September 16, 2016