The sales are in for the DC Comics Vertigo new launches that ave been running for the last few months. Good for Vertigo…. but not good for DC Comics. The only comic that has done well by DC standards of late is Sandman: Overture, Neil Gaiman’s final goodbye to Sandman.
Yes, well, about that.
I have been told by close sources that Neil Gaiman isn’t going to be writing any more Sandman, but he may be persuaded to write the kind of back-of-envelope pitches for related characters that others could take on. And Shelly Bond has asked Neil as a favour…
You may remember that Tekno Comics built a whole line on such an idea, recently being reprinted by Papercutz, Lady Justice, Teknophage, Wheel Of Worlds and the like.
And DC Vertigo has published many a spinoff comic based on Neil’s Sandman series in the past. You may remember one of them was a comic called Lucifer. Of which we now have a TV series and a new comic series.
So here is what I have been led to expect at some point. A number of Sandman-based comic books, using ideas from Gaiman and developed by new creative teams for Vertigo.
And maybe, not make all these ones returnable….
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018