The sales are in for the DC Comics Vertigo new launches that ave been running for the last few months. Good for Vertigo…. but not good for DC Comics. The only comic that has done well by DC standards of late is Sandman: Overture, Neil Gaiman’s final goodbye to Sandman.
Yes, well, about that.
I have been told by close sources that Neil Gaiman isn’t going to be writing any more Sandman, but he may be persuaded to write the kind of back-of-envelope pitches for related characters that others could take on. And Shelly Bond has asked Neil as a favour…
You may remember that Tekno Comics built a whole line on such an idea, recently being reprinted by Papercutz, Lady Justice, Teknophage, Wheel Of Worlds and the like.
And DC Vertigo has published many a spinoff comic based on Neil’s Sandman series in the past. You may remember one of them was a comic called Lucifer. Of which we now have a TV series and a new comic series.
So here is what I have been led to expect at some point. A number of Sandman-based comic books, using ideas from Gaiman and developed by new creative teams for Vertigo.
And maybe, not make all these ones returnable….
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017
- Original Wolverine Tops The Advance Reorder Lists – Is It Time For Marvel To Bring Him Back? - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Savage Dragon #225 - July 26, 2017
- Dr. Snyderlove Or: How DC Comics Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Metal - July 26, 2017