The sales are in for the DC Comics Vertigo new launches that ave been running for the last few months. Good for Vertigo…. but not good for DC Comics. The only comic that has done well by DC standards of late is Sandman: Overture, Neil Gaiman’s final goodbye to Sandman.
Yes, well, about that.
I have been told by close sources that Neil Gaiman isn’t going to be writing any more Sandman, but he may be persuaded to write the kind of back-of-envelope pitches for related characters that others could take on. And Shelly Bond has asked Neil as a favour…
You may remember that Tekno Comics built a whole line on such an idea, recently being reprinted by Papercutz, Lady Justice, Teknophage, Wheel Of Worlds and the like.
And DC Vertigo has published many a spinoff comic based on Neil’s Sandman series in the past. You may remember one of them was a comic called Lucifer. Of which we now have a TV series and a new comic series.
So here is what I have been led to expect at some point. A number of Sandman-based comic books, using ideas from Gaiman and developed by new creative teams for Vertigo.
And maybe, not make all these ones returnable….
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017
- Twenty-Three Uses For An Overshipped Marvel Comic - January 19, 2017