Since I first started talking about the new DC Comics renumbering and relaunching planned from June, there has been something that has evaded me. Is it a reboot or a relaunch?
I’ve previous stated that, as far as I understood it, it is a relaunch with a modicum of retconning. Introducing new, unrevealed elements of the DC Universe that will change or reinterpret what we know as readers.
Such as introdcing a JSA as having existed in the forties.
But what I’m also being told is that creators have been asked to keep an open mind. Creators have just been asked to pitch something… new for existing DC characters. A reimagining. Yes, even a reboot. The feeling is that depending on what gets picked up, then DC Comics will decide to call it a relaunch… or a reboot.
The proof of the pudding will be in the rebirthing.
And no, people at DC Comics really didn’t like Marvel’s Dead No More copy teaser….
- From Perfect To Real: Moving Beyond The Strong Female Character At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A ‘Vikings’ Funeral At San Diego Comic-Con - July 25, 2017
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017
- My Conversation with Sonny Liew: The Eisner Winner Behind ‘The Art Of Charlie Chan Hock Chye’ - July 25, 2017
- You’d Have Gotten An Exiles #125 With Marvel Legacy If It Wasn’t for Those Pesky Kids - July 25, 2017