Since I first started talking about the new DC Comics renumbering and relaunching planned from June, there has been something that has evaded me. Is it a reboot or a relaunch?
I’ve previous stated that, as far as I understood it, it is a relaunch with a modicum of retconning. Introducing new, unrevealed elements of the DC Universe that will change or reinterpret what we know as readers.
Such as introdcing a JSA as having existed in the forties.
But what I’m also being told is that creators have been asked to keep an open mind. Creators have just been asked to pitch something… new for existing DC characters. A reimagining. Yes, even a reboot. The feeling is that depending on what gets picked up, then DC Comics will decide to call it a relaunch… or a reboot.
The proof of the pudding will be in the rebirthing.
And no, people at DC Comics really didn’t like Marvel’s Dead No More copy teaser….
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017
- CBLDF Tackles New Hampshire Bill That Would Restrict Reading In Schools - January 16, 2017
- Russia Uses Comics To Target Migrants For Looking At Women, Eating On The Street Or Talking Loudly - January 16, 2017
- The First Exclusive Retailer Variant With An Exclusive Extra Eight Pages Too – X-O Manowar For Collector’s Paradise - January 16, 2017
- Could Sony Sell Spider-Man To CBS? - January 16, 2017