Since I first started talking about the new DC Comics renumbering and relaunching planned from June, there has been something that has evaded me. Is it a reboot or a relaunch?
I’ve previous stated that, as far as I understood it, it is a relaunch with a modicum of retconning. Introducing new, unrevealed elements of the DC Universe that will change or reinterpret what we know as readers.
Such as introdcing a JSA as having existed in the forties.
But what I’m also being told is that creators have been asked to keep an open mind. Creators have just been asked to pitch something… new for existing DC characters. A reimagining. Yes, even a reboot. The feeling is that depending on what gets picked up, then DC Comics will decide to call it a relaunch… or a reboot.
The proof of the pudding will be in the rebirthing.
And no, people at DC Comics really didn’t like Marvel’s Dead No More copy teaser….
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018